I’m so excited and honored — I’ve received my first ‘tag’. If you don’t know, a ‘tag’ is sort of like a chain letter for bloggers, without all the doom and gloom if you don’t comply. You know, I’ve never had bad luck, death or destruction from not burdening all my friends with some stupid letter they had to pass on, handtowels they had to send or dollar bills they had to give away.
But tags are usually intended to help your readers get to know you a little better in the form of a meme (go here for that definition — dayum, I love Wikipedia).
I was tagged by Sherri, who appears to needs a support group: Sock Knitters Anonymous — the woman is an addict!
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Facts about me:
1. I’ve won trophies for archery.
2. My favorite cheer-me-up movie is Turner & Hooch.
3. I have no interest in having kids, though I don’t dislike others’ children (unless they’re being brats, which is like 90% of the time, it seems).
4. I have a loud laugh. The first time I saw There’s Something About Mary, a couple that was sitting in front of me at the start of the movie was gone by the end. I was laughing so hard and so loud that I didn’t even notice they’d changed seats!!
5. I loved the smell of lilies until I worked for several years producing a flower show. Now they sorta make me sick to my stomach.
6. I was allergic to cow milk when I was a baby so my mom fed me soy milk (this was back in the days when breastfeeding was “bad”). Now I can guzzle a gallon with no ill effects.
7. My first real kiss was when I was 16 in a disco in La Paz, Baja with a guy who looked just like a skinny George Michael <swoon>.
Tagging 7 people.
Diane – A Californian mom in Alaska and my first Secret Pal (downline).
Dulcedosa – A fearless and hot little number in Missouri.
Krafty1 – AKA my first Secret Pal (upline).
Guro – Knitting in Norway.
Missy – Supermom!
Terry – Another sailing knitter but she’s in a much warmer spot than me.
KitKat – Another sock addict!