Laying Cable

I sewed two cabled panels together last night and it looks great but, boy, is this sucker heavy!

dscf1941.jpg

Here’s my process for this puppy:

I knit up two skeins Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick ‘n Quick for each panel, then strung a line through the stitches knowing I’d be picking them up later to ‘finish’. The only reason I did this was because I decided to add a sixth panel and only had 17 skeins of yarn — one short to just use three skeins for each panel. While working the sixth panel, I kept checking with Hubbo to see if it was long enough. When he approved, I bound off and picked up panel #5. I worked most of the rest of it on its own but just knew I’d missed a row here or there, thereby totally mucking up how they’d sew together, so I stitched them together and found that I had to add a few rows to make them exactly the same length. I’ll repeat this process till its done, which should be soon!

BTW, I got an email from Knit2Purl2 telling me she was sold out of the O-Wool. Now I have to find a substitute yarn before I get to cast on. <sniff>

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Good Deeds

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s