48 Things You Could Care Less About
Oooh, my first meme!
1. FIRST NAME? LaDonna
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yup. My Grandma wanted to name my mom LaDonna but dear old grumpy Grampster said it was way too long for such a teensy baby so she’d have to have a short middle name to call her by. She was dubbed LaDonna Jean but has always gone by Jean. Interestingly, LaDonna is Italian for “the lady” and my last name, Bubak, is Slavic for “boogeyman” — if you follow through with it, my name means The Boogeylady.
My middle name is Rae – strangely close to my dad’s name, Ray.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night while watching “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”. But that’s nothing. I cried during “A Very Brady Christmas”! My last non-TV-induced cry was a couple days ago when I was feeling blue about something imagined.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? My handwriting varies from day to day, mood to mood. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it looks so…gauche.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Roast chicken – oooh, no! Pastrami!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Nodding acquaintances prolly. I don’t get close to people very easily.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I do, though I haven’t written in it for months.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Surely do but am sans wisdom teeth.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I would have when I was younger but it would prolly take some serious mind-altering substances to get me to do it now.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Steamed thick-cut oatmeal with a little milk and brown sugar on top . Slurp!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I’m proud to say that I don’t own a pair of shoes with laces.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? GRRRRR!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Cookies ‘n Cream, without hesitation. I’m rarely disappointed with that choice. My second favorite would be Ben & Jerry’s “Dilbert’s Totally Nuts” which was a limited release CRAMMED with all sorts of good nuts. Dang, now I want some ice cream.
14. SHOE SIZE? The all too common 8 1/2 which sucks when you’re digging through the clearance table.
15. RED OR PINK? Red for sure, though pink does have a certain appeal.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My flabby old-lady Swedish (thanks Grandma!) upper arms.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My sister. We’re nine years apart but crazy-close. It sucks that she lives in Colorado but she loves it. We used to go on yearly “sisters vacations” but since I’ve moved aboard our boat, the budget ain’t what it used to be. We still try to get together, just the two of us, at least once a year. I love her thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Nah. If you could care less about my drivel, why would I care about yours? Just kidding! I can’t afford to be picky when it comes to folks posting on my blog!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Light blue shirt (logo wear from my work), blue jeans and Chaco ZX1 sandals in “Sassy” (pink).
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Half a roast beef sandwich that I shared with Hubbo on the foredeck of our boat, enjoying the early fall sun. Bliss!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Sirius Satellite Radio – Channel 30 “The Coffee House”
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Cornflower
23. FAVORITE SMELL? The musky/buttery smell of Fred’s fur when I bury my nose in him.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Hubbo. But just before that, I mini-interviewed two Katrina survivors who changed their views on life and decided to buy a boat and sail off into the sunset.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Forearms and hair (as in lack of back hair, thank you very much!).
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don’t know her from Eve but I love her blog.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Bubble water (aka: club soda).
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Um, I’ll give you one guess…
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? Large. I inherited my dad’s huge noggin.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No need. I’m only very slightly near-sighted and don’t even need glasses. Of course, that’ll prolly change in a few years when I hit the big 4-0. Incidentally, my entire fambly are blind as bats!
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Really good cheesecake. You can keep the crappy Jello “cream cheese pies” or mealy, dry cheesecakes. Put a lovely, slow-baked NY cheescake with sour cream topping in front of me and you’d better step back very quickly!
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Depends on the mood. Prolly would have to vote for Happy Endings, if I had to choose.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, fer shure! Sailing sucks in the rain.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs, unless I’m feelin’ frisky…
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? See #32.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Nobody.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everyone in the world.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Bill Bryson’s “Down Under” – a ‘travelogue’ of his tiem spent in Oz. Excellent, as usual for Bryson.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don’t need one with my optical mouse.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? See #3.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Waves lapping at the hull.
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Honestly? The Stones, though I don’t own a single album. I do have the Beatles ONE album.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Barbados with my sis.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? No talents. I try my hand at various things but never really excel because I get bored easily. I’ve taken to knitting but I’d rate that more of a skill than a talent.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Bellevue, WA.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stole it from Cara.
Okay – your turn. DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT! You know you want to.